Sun Sports did well on Saturday to comeback from 2-1 down at the halfway stage to win 3-2 and take all three points in a terrific nail biter of a match.

Oxhey looked the stronger of the two sides and it was rumoured that they were using the very best players of a big squad available to take all the points back to Boundary Stadium.

Jets could have gone ahead early in the game but thanks to some great goalkeeping by Luke Furlong on two separate occasions he kept the ball out, one by a superb flying save and the other with a great block.

Despite the Jet’s possession, it was the Sun who took the lead thanks to a fantastic effort from, who else but that man again, George Hobson!

The dead ball expert chose his spot from the direct free kick and looped the ball over the wall which then dipped beautifully into the goal.

But if the Sun have any training sessions coming up then manager Sam Duff will have to make sure they put a lot of passing movements into the session as the passing and amount of times that the Sun players lost possession of the ball, especially in midfield, was really too much to bare.

And it was due to lack of concentration in the middle of the park that caused Jets to draw level only two minutes after the Sun took the lead.

In a quick reposte, the Sun had an effort with a long range shot from youngster Josh Connolly which beat the Jets keeper but not the post.

And then the Jets went ahead from a free kick that was pumped into the area and found the unmarked head of an Oxhey forward whose header was headed down low so that Furlong was unable to get a touch onto it.

2-1 to Oxhey Jets.

The Jets right back was certainly causing a nuisance down the right with his lung busting runs, and he had strength as well as speed. Surely it wouldn’t be long until he makes an appearance in the Jets first team squad….if he hasn’t done already!

Luke Furlong was soon called into action again when the right back burst down the right and cut into the box, Luke Beaumont got to the ball before the Oxhey fellow but the ball ricocheted off the Oxhey player which then caused a scramble in the six yard box but luckily Luke Furlong was in the right place at the right time.

In the second half there was the welcome return of “Brenners”. Andy Brennan, last season’s first team player of the season was back at the Sun, and the midfield was finally controlled by the pairing of Brennan and Hobson in the middle of the park.

Andy was soon in the thick of it by striding along untackled and then let loose a fierce shot which went straight into the Jets keeper midriff.

Josh Towle and the Jets keeper went for a 50-50 ball and clattered into each other with the Jets goalie coming off worst, but thankfully he was ok and was able to continue the match.

As time went on it was obvious that the Sun had taken control of the match and were pushing hard for an equaliser, but hearts were soon in Sun’s mouths when an Oxhey player went down in the box from an outcoming Luke Furlong challenge, but the young referee, who only received the call to take charge of the match two hours before kick off, saw nothing wrong with the challenge.

With around 13 minutes of the match left, an Oxhey attack broke down and Josh Connolly was deep in the Sun half, he collected the loose ball, ran with it for around ten yards and then slipped a perfect pass through to Andy Brennan who proceeded to take the ball into the opposition area. Looking up he saw Connolly, who had run the length of the pitch to follow play, and young Josh hit the ball with his left foot beating the keeper and bringing the Sun level.

The Oxhey Jets left back handled the ball close to the box and up stepped Brenners whose curling left foot shot went just past the post.

Minutes later and the same left back handled again, but was still not carded. This time substitute George Minihan took the free kick, which he couldn’t have hit any more sweeter if it had sugar all over it! Although the keeper managed to get a hand to it he was unable to stop it from flying into the back of the net with five minutes to go until the end.

Josh Connolly fancied getting a brace and after some skilful work down the right he smashed the ball hard hitting the upright.

Sun Sports are now in sixth place in the league table, five points behind the league leaders.